Director of Engineering
Crossing Minds is an artificial intelligence company that is creating the world’s leading algorithms to help better understand and predict consumer’s behavior. Founded in 2016, by AI researchers Alexandre Robicquet, Dr. Emile Contal and Google X founder Dr. Sebastian Thrun, the company’s mission is to allow every consumer facing businesses to deploy the best recommendation engines in a few clicks. Our team is currently based in San Francisco and Paris with more offices to come!
What you’ll be doing
- Bring a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and strategic decision making to key areas of Crossing Minds including web infrastructure, microservices architecture, devops, CI/CD, internal tools
- Lead our Backend team and manage, coach, and support our engineers
- Contribute to our solutions and products, build new features, maintain and scale our current infrastructure
- Rapidly scale the backend engineering team by hiring and retaining exceptional talent and designing organizations, systems, and tools to help us scale effectively
What you should have
- 4+ years Backend language (python preferred)
- Project Lead - project management
- At least one year startup experience
- Proven experience of API architecture and implementation.
- Good understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent understanding of Internet security & privacy mechanisms.
- Microservices architecture experience (kubernetes preferred)
- You have a specific interest in recommendation engines and machine learning